Wednesday 20 May 2015

HIV/AIDS

HIV/AIDS
 
Infection by HIV and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (HIV / AIDS) is a spectrum of diseases caused by infection with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) After the initial infection, a person may experience a brief period of influenza-like illness. This is typically followed by a long asymptomatic period. As the infection progresses, increasingly interfere with the immune system, making the person more susceptible to common infections such as tuberculosis and opportunistic infections and tumors that usually do not affect people who work the system immune. Later symptoms of the infection are known as AIDS. This stage is often complicated by a lung infection called pneumocystis pneumonia, severe weight loss, a type of cancer known as Kaposi's sarcoma and other AIDS-defining conditions.

HIV is transmitted primarily through sexual intercourse without protection (including anal and oral sex), transfusions of contaminated blood, needles, and from mother to child during pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding. Some body fluids, such as saliva and tears do not transmit HIV. Common methods of preventing HIV / AIDS include encouraging safer sex, needle exchange programs, and treatment of those infected. There is no cure or vaccine; However, antiretroviral therapy can slow the course of the disease and may lead to a near-normal life expectancy. While antiretroviral treatment reduces the risk of death and complications of the disease, these drugs are expensive and have side effects. Without treatment, it is estimated that the average survival time after infection with HIV to be in 9-11 years, depending on the subtype of HIV.

Since its discovery, AIDS has caused an estimated 36 million deaths worldwide (as of 2012). In 2013 it led to a 1.34 million deaths. From 2012, approximately 35.3 million people live with HIV worldwide. HIV / AIDS is considered a pandemic outbreak of a disease that is present in a large area and is spreading actively. Genetic research indicates that HIV originated in west-central Africa during the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. AIDS was first recognized by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 1981 and their cause HIV-infection was identified in the early part of the decade.

HIV / AIDS has had a major impact on society, both as a disease and as a source of discrimination. The disease also have significant economic impacts. There are many misconceptions about HIV / AIDS, such as the belief that it can be transmitted by nonsexual contact casual ideas. The disease has become the subject of much controversy involving religion. It's called medical care and international politics as well as large-scale financing since it was identified in the 1980s.

1 comment:

  1. I was transmitted with HPV2 in beginning of October, but didn’t realize since mid April. I was traveling and didn’t pay much attention to the pain and sores I had, I thought it was just a yeast infection as I have had that thousands of times. The guy I slept with used condom, so I didn’t make the connection and didn’t I could still catch it. The outbreak lasted for about three weeks. In the beginning of December I got my second outbreak. Still I didn’t know what it was but took a lot of ayurvedic remedies for skin conditions. Again it lasted about three weeks. In the beginning of March I got my third outbreak and it has been going on on and off ever since – so for 2,5 months! When I returned back home in mid April I finally admitted to myself that it was something serious and found out it as probably herpes. I got a blood test and it tested positive – I didn’t have any active sores then to test for sure, but I’m sure now that it’s herpes. Why can it be that it has lasted for so long? I’m desperate now. I have been drinking a lot of coffee, sugar, fatty food, didn’t sleep too much and been going up and down in mood swings. Maybe that can be it? During this time I have been putting coconut oil on it, and some medical creme, begun to take zink, olive leaf extract, echinea, neem but none of it have worked, i met a friend she told me that their is one man who help her sister to cure her herpes virus, his name is dr dikogbo
    , she gave me his email address dikogbospiritualhome@gmail.com i contacted him he told me what to do i really did it, he sent me the herbal medicine my greatest surprise was that i only drank it for just 7 days my herpes virus disappeared from my body now i am free if you are out their passing through herpes outbreak i will advice you to contact dr dikogbo for total cure on his email:dikogbospiritualhome@gmail.com or call +2348103005451

    ReplyDelete